Talking to your pastor about starting a conquer series group can feel intimidating, so here are five things to consider before talking to your pastor about starting a group for your church.
1. Start with why! Tell your story of how a commitment to sexual purity helped grow your faith, marriage and accountability around pornography and a healthy lifestyle.
2. Tell them you want to start a Conquer Series group for the men of your church. Be clear that you want to be under their guidance and accountability. Sexual health can be a hot button issue in the local church so be sure to take notes on any concerns your pastor might have. Remember, if your pastoral leadership asks clarifying questions it's not a no, but a sign of interest. See it from their perspective: You may likely be the first person to ever approach them about starting a sexual health group for men!
3. Let your pastor know what Conquer series is. Say something like “Let me play you a short clip that tells you what the Conquers series is about” and then play the introduction video on the front page of the conquer series website. It will give Your pastor a good idea of what the Conquer Series is about. To see the video, click here.
4. Tell your pastor when and where you want to start your group, but be open to when they would envision starting the group. Having a start date shows them you are serious about doing this but being flexible to their schedule shows a willingness to collaborate. Be a team player with your church leadership helping them succeed in men breaking free from sexual secrets!
5. How much does it cost? Getting a digital subscription for $50 a month is a great way to go because you get a digital study guide, journal and other great features. Men in your group can have ownership by helping to pay for your subscription right from the Conquer Series app to help offset the monthly charge for your church. Plus you can cancel your subscription anytime, no questions asked. Pretty Slick.
If you want more help or have any other questions as you take on this challenge please contact us by emailing email@example.com